What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is published as part of the SEND reforms under the Children and Families Bill.
It explains how the local authority will work with parents, local schools and colleges, as well as other services such as Health and Wellbeing Boards. This will encourage a more joined-up process when delivering services for disabled children and should make the system less stressful for families. It aims to give parents more information about the services and expertise available locally, and increasing their choice. It should also:
- Give you information about education, health and care services
- Give you information about leisure activities and support groups
- Hold all the information in one place
- Be clear, comprehensive and accessible
- Make service provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations
- Be developed and reviewed with service providers and service users
Norfolk’s Local offer can be found on the website below, under SEND changes:
Read More About SEN